Barracuda Total Email Protection (TEP) combines Barracuda’s complete email protection portfolio in a single bundle that is easy to buy, implement, and use. TEP ensures your organization is secured against email-borne threats. Its multi-layered approach combines the most advanced protection available with the radical simplicity and ease of use that Barracuda’s known for.
About Email Security
A recent study commissioned by Barracuda revealed 87% of IT security professionals said their company had faced an email-based security threat in the past year. The study includes responses from 634 executives, individual contributors, and team managers serving in IT-security roles in the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. Overall, the research indicates that email threats continue to increase and the impact on staff and productivity is escalating. The vast majority of IT professionals believe that end-user training and awareness programs are a vital pre-requisite to help mitigate threats and improve email security.
“Email security was once viewed as a way to stop spam from bogging down workflows—now it is viewed as mission critical and requires a multilayered security approach to successfully protect targeted employees, applications, and data,” said Ezra Hookano, VP of Channels, Barracuda.
TEP offers an end-to-end solution against email-borne targeted attacks and social engineering. Highlights include:
- Email protection: Barracuda provides protection against email-borne threats, including email security, data resiliency, and business continuity.
- Protection for people, brands, and businesses: The breadth of Barracuda’s security portfolio and AI platform integrated with Barracuda PhishLine aggregated data insights and training capabilities creates a powerful combination to protect customers’ technical assets, people, brands, and businesses.
- Continued email security innovation leadership: Barracuda was the first email security company to add advanced AI to address spear phishing and cyber fraud. Barracuda also became the first email security portfolio vendor to add computer-based training to its stack of offerings with the acquisition of PhishLine.
- Protecting customers of all sizes: Barracuda’s solutions are full-featured, yet elegantly simple, making them well-suited to protect organizations of all sizes.
Multi-Layered Approach to Email Security
Email is still the most popular threat vector. According to a SANS Institute report, 74 percent of cyber attacks originate with an email containing a malicious link or attachment. But, attacks are getting more sophisticated. Cyber criminals try to bypass security measures by using social engineering tactics that rely on emails that don’t have a malicious payload.
Protecting against these types of threats requires a multi-layered approach to security. The Barracuda Total Email Protection bundle makes it easy to provide just that.
Total Email Protection Includes:
- Barracuda Essentials combines inbound and outbound filtering and Advanced Threat Protection to block a wide variety of sophisticated attacks. Virus and spam protection, link protection, typosquatting protection, as well as automated email encryption are all features of this product. In addition, data loss prevention – policy-based screening of credit card numbers, SSNs and other sensitive content – also strengthens this solution. Essentials also offers tamper-proof archiving and cloud-to-cloud backup. Furthermore, these features can help meet compliance requirements and protect against data loss from accidental or malicious deletion. Essentials integrates with Office 365 for a well-rounded business email solution.
- Barracuda Sentinel adds a fraud protection layer. It uses an AI engine to detect and blog spear phishing attacks and business email compromise. Sentinel learns the behaviors and unique communications patterns of users, including grammar and punctuation. In addition, Sentinel also provides domain fraud protection. DMARC authentication and analysis prevents brand hijacking and domain spoofing to monitor and understand who is sending mail from each domain.
- Barracuda PhishLine completes the package by improving user security awareness. The service uses a combination of advanced phishing simulation and computer-based security awareness training to help you build what we like to think of as a human firewall. This illustrates to your employees where their vulnerabilities are and how to minimize their risk. The interactive campaigns use a mix of links, Smart Attachments, videos, graphics, and training materials to create impactful educational experiences. We will help you move away from one-time tests and redundant analysis to a more comprehensive, ongoing anti-phishing program.
Real Time Monitoring
TEP provides continuous monitoring and blocking of the latest Internet threats via Barracuda Central. Quarantines, exception lists, and blocked sender lists are configurable per user or per organization.
Get the full email security research report: https://www.barracuda.com/campaign/emailsecurityreport
Read the blog post: http://cuda.co/33695