Thank you to all who attended our Rethinking IT webinar we hosted on 11/19! Just in case you missed it, here are the top 10 things that you should keep in mind when looking to move your business to the cloud (and in particular, moving to the CompleteCloud model).
1. Prediction: by 2020, businesses will no longer buy personal computers. Most hardware has but one destiny – to become obsolete or die. Throughout history, there has been a succession of technology that is replaced with something newer, smaller, and more efficient. The future of technology for businesses is the cloud.
2. What is the cloud? Rather than having a local, physical machine, cloud computing relies on accessing a remote network of servers hosted on the Internet to store, manage, and process data. For additional commonly used terms relating to cloud, check out our blog Cloud Computing 101.
3. Cloud popularity is gaining. More and more business owners are adopting the cloud for their IT infrastructure – 51% of businesses in 2014 were utilizing the cloud as opposed to 49% who using on-premise for their workloads.
4. All New Infrastructure – Think about never having to buy another computer, server, or switch again! All hardware is refreshed and will be replaced when needed with CompleteCloud.
5. Mobility – In today’s world, most people need that flexibility to be able to access their business data remotely and VPN’s can be slow and hog bandwidth. In the CompleteCloud model, all data is accessed via login directly to the cloud from a tablet, laptop, or even smartphone.
6. Disaster Recovery – Almost 40% of SMB’s never reopen their doors following a disaster according to FEMA. With CompleteCloud, your data is safe as archiving and accessing data is possible due to not having it stored locally.
7. Security – In healthcare, the most common breach of HIPPA and cause of stolen personal information occurs due to physical theft of devices storing this data. CompleteCloud eliminates this, as laptops and desktops no longer have data stored directly on them – everything is stored and accessed through the cloud.
8.Scalable –Thinking of adding 5 more employees next year? No problem. CompleteCloud is scalable and easy to add or remove users, which ties in to the next point about having a predicable IT spend each month.
9. Predictability – CompleteCloud utilizes a per-user per-month fee structure. You will always know what your spend will be each month, and you will also know the cost of adding another employee. Since all hardware and Microsoft licensing is included, when a switch fails or if a thin client needs to be replaced your budget won’t suffer. $0 CapEx + Predictable OpEx = Profitable IT.
10. Support – Having 24/7 support is critical for cloud-based IT, because so many people are accessing their data in different places and at different times. Knowing that IT support is just a call away is comforting, whether you’re at home working late and encounter an issue or traveling out of state and need help.
For more information on how your business can benefit from cloud computing, click the button below to listen to the full webinar recording, or contact Centrality to learn about how we can help.