Mobile Malware = The Next Big Security Threat
Organizations are transforming at an unprecedented pace with mobility. The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend continues to spread in the enterprise and SMB space. Mobile apps are creating new and efficient workflows for employees. For instance, seamless access to work data, emails and content is growing in parallel, enhancing the productivity gains from these trends.
As a result of the popularity and speed at which mobile devices have become a mainstay of the enterprise, hackers are targeting mobile devices with malware, creating the next big security threat. Corporate data is especially vulnerable to rogue apps and malicious websites. For instance, here are a few statistics on the use of mobile devices in the workplace:
- 138 billion apps were downloaded in 2014. (Arxan Technologies “State of Mobile App Security” report – Nov. 2014)
- Mobile malware is growing. Malicious code is infecting more than 11.6 million mobile devices at any given time. (Kindsight Security Labs Malware Report – Q4 2013)
- Damage to a company’s brand is compounded by financial loss, with the cost of a single breach estimated at more than $11 million. (2013 Cost of Cyber Crime Study, Ponemon Institute)
Because of this, IT and Security leaders need a modern and comprehensive security solution to proactively detect, analyze and remediate mobile malware.
Stop Mobile Threats in Your Enterprise
IBM MaaS360 Mobile Threat Management delivers a state-of-the-art system to protect against malware on iOS and Android devices. Detect risks and manage threats before they compromise your enterprise data.
Through integration with IBM Trusteer®, leveraged by hundreds of millions of end users to protect organizations against fraud and data breaches, IBM MaaS360 provides a new layer of security to Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM).
Don’t let malware derail your organization’s mobile transformation. Instead, balance your enterprise productivity initiatives with security delivered by IBM MaaS360.
Key Benefits of Mobile Device Management
- Safely & securely support both BYOD & corporate-owned devices
- Proactively manage mobile threats in near real-time
- Reduce risk of sensitive data leakage of corporate & personal information
- Take automated actions to remediate mobile security risks
Malware Detection & Remediation
- Detect apps with malware signatures from a continually updated database
- Set granular policy controls to take appropriate actions
- Enable a near real-time compliance rules engine to automate remediation
- Alert users & responsible parties when malware is detected
- Automatically uninstall apps with malware (for select Android devices such as Samsung SAFE)
Supplemental Jailbreak & Root Detection
- Detect compromised or vulnerable mobile devices
- Discover hiders that try to mask detection of jailbroken & rooted devices
- Leverage detection logic updated over-the-air
- Set security policies & compliance rules to automate remediation
- Block access, selectively or fully wipe devices or remove device control
Source: IBM. “IBM MaaS360 Mobile Threat Management Data Sheet” 2015