If you’re a business owner who considers IT a necessary evil that you’d rather not have to think about…you’re not alone. You don’t know what you don’t know, so it’s easier to rely on your IT team to maintain your systems. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Whether it’s an outsourced team or an employee, finding trusted resources to employ their expertise on behalf of your business is the path to sustainable success.
The thing is, the cyber world can be a scary place. From the fear of hackers to unpredictable expenses, there are plenty of reasons IT keeps so many business leaders awake at night. Having some sense of how to ensure your IT team is on top of it may help. So here are a few pieces of intel that your IT team may not have mentioned—and are worth looking into:
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is a must-have. Not having it is the equivalent of sticking your house key on your front door for strangers to use. It’s crucial to discover if your organization uses MFA.
- If your backup systems aren’t tested at least quarterly, they’re not doing you any good. Ask your IT manager for a record of past tests and future plans. It’s also worth finding out what your comprehensive disaster recovery strategy is while you’re at it.
- New tech gadgets and fancy features are often more of a play toy for IT folks and less of a necessity for your business. Make sure you know exactly where your budget is being spent and the business case for each expense.
- Next time a hardware refresh becomes necessary, make sure you’re aware of all your options. You never have to buy a new company computer or server again when you work with Centrality’s CompleteCloud Platform.
- You could pay for your entire organization’s IT infrastructure for the same price as one IT manager’s salary. Contact us to see how the CompleteCloud Platform compares.
If you want more details on any of these insights, you can contact us at 502.267.2552.