Email is the most prominent form of communication for businesses today. However, it is also the primary way that malware and other cyber threats infiltrate a network to gain financial, business, or other sensitive information. To determine what email security would be best for your company, Centrality can run a free email threat scanner. Don’t guess how many of these dormant threats are in your inboxes. Find out for sure.
Understanding the Threat
According to FBI, business email compromise (BEC) scams were responsible for $12.5 billion in reported losses since 2013. These highly personalized attacks happen in a much smaller volume than traditional phishing. In addition, they typically do not contain malicious attachments or links. Because of this, they can be very difficult to detect using existing email security solutions.
Secure email gateways can help. However, there are thousands of threats that can easily bypass standard email filters. Zero-day threats are oftentimes not detected because scripts have not yet caught the vulnerability the threat is exploiting. As a result, your email inboxes almost certainly contain dormant threats that could cost you time, money, and resources with just a single distracted click.
Centrality’s Email Threat Scanner
Barracuda Email Threat Scanner is a free online service that scans all your Office 365 emails and identifies these dormant threats without any impact on your system’s performance. Use it to:
- Find spear phishing, account takeover, business email compromise, impersonation, and other cyber fraud attacks that impersonate trusted senders and are designed to trick employees into clicking on a malicious link, sharing confidential information, or even wiring money to the attacker
- Prevent domain fraud by identifying domains that are at risk of spoofing and other fraud
- Identify high-risk employees who are most likely to be targeted by spear phishing and business email compromise attacks
- Detect email threats that already exist with within your email environment
Ask us to run a free email threat scan for your business today!
Protect Your Business Email with Total Email Protection
After using the Email Threat Scanner in order to find dormant threats in your inboxes, take the next step to prevent new fraud, phishing, or other cyber attacks from getting in. Total Email Protection is a multi-layered email security methodology.
- The first layer of this security suite is Barracuda Essentials Complete. This includes advanced email security (including advanced threat protection), archiving, and cloud to cloud backup.
- The second layer is a product called Sentinel. This is an artificial intelligence-based product to protect against spear-phishing, account takeover, and domain fraud.
- The third layer, and arguably the most important, is a user-based security education product called Phishline. Simulated phishing emails calculate the risk associated with employees as it reports back on those individuals that clicked on these email. Ongoing video training and quizzes test your staff to ensure that they are aware of common as well as new cyber threats.